REVIEWS

mardi 1 mai 2018

KNOTTED (TRAIL OF SINS #1) by Pam Godwin

Knotted (Trails of Sin, #1)Knotted by Pam Godwin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

With Knotted, Pam Goldwin once again proved how talented she is (if anyone still need a proof, that is!).

It was my first Cowboy story, it's a genre I don't usually read... but I love her writing style so much that I never considered NOT reading it. 

You'll meet 3 determined guys, men, the twins (Jake and Jarret) and Lorne ( Conor's brother), as well as a feisty but sweet Conor.

All of them grew together as family while Conor and Jake developed feelings for each other. That's how the story begins, rather sweetly, when everything is brutally and violently taken from them. Their lives are broken and everything they thought they knew shattered. In a matter of a few chapters I had chills and tears in the eyes. 

Omg, the emotions in that story! Mainly I was heartbroken, but the helplessness, the loneliness  and the unfairness weren't far behind. The need for answers, and the captivating plot had me furiously turning the pages. 

Sad, angsty and intriguig, Knotted is the kind of thrilling read whose characters will have you swooning, and at the same time screaming in frustration. An alpha hero, a resilient heroine, secrets and lies, it had eveything to be a straight 5 stars read, but unfortunately the whole "therapy" concept didn't work for me. I won't elaborate because I don't want to spoil the book; it's a large part of the story, and I simply think that you can't "heal" someone that way,  and therapy isn't something you can impovise.


As I'm finishing  this review I still don't know if I'm going to give 3 or 4 stars, it's how conflicted I am. I loved so much Conor and Jake, the storytelling and the atmosphere... Anyhow, I can't wait to read Jarret's story in the next instalment!

" I voluntarily reviewed an ARC copy of this book. Thank you!"

View all my reviews

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

BROKEN QUEEN (RUINED KINGDOM, #2) by NATASHA KNIGHT: New Releqse & Review

Title: Broken Queen Series: Ruined Kingdom Duet #2 Author: Natasha Knight Genre: Dark Mafia/MFM Romance Release Date: November 15, 202...