REVIEWS

vendredi 20 octobre 2017

BEAUTIFUL EVIL: THE MONSTER by. B.B Blaque: Review

Beautiful Evil: The MonsterBeautiful Evil: The Monster by B.B. Blaque
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Monster is the first novella of the Beautiful Evil series (#1-4), which follows the journey of Jordan Bishop from Monster to Master.

Let me tell you, when I started this book, I was far from imagining what I was going to experience in it. Yes, experience. Told from Bishop's point of view, the tone is very original, as the monster addresses the reader directly, which gave me the impression of being somehow a part of the story. The question is: do you really want to witness what happens in there? Hehe....

Be warned, this book contains many many triggers, will make you very uncomfortable. Your limits will be tested, pushed. There's nothing sweet, Bishop isn't a hero but a true villain. In a way he reminds me of Lestat from Interview With a Vampire; JB is a predator. A monster. A soulless bastard. Did I like him? Hell no!!! BUT seriously, he is such an interesting, crazy character! Being is his head was challenging, sometimes sickening...and I loved it. How fucked up is that, right? Well, it certainly is due to B.B. Blaque's excellent storytelling, which kept me on edge all along, compelled me to read and then read more.

Disturbing is the word that springs to mind when I think about this book. It don't know what was the most disturbing, though: Is that what he does to the women he chooses or the fact that these women actually (more or less willingly...) let him abuse them.

The psychological aspect is brilliantly handled. JB is a sadist of the worst kind. He thrives on the psychological, physical and sexual pain he inflicts. But you can't tell he didn't warn you:

"I warned you...You wouldn't listen... I'm not a dream come true... I'm an evil nightmare you followed home..."


*Thank you so so much B.B. Blaque for that intense read. Thank you for your patience and for holding my hand when I most needed it!!!*

View all my reviews

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

BROKEN QUEEN (RUINED KINGDOM, #2) by NATASHA KNIGHT: New Releqse & Review

Title: Broken Queen Series: Ruined Kingdom Duet #2 Author: Natasha Knight Genre: Dark Mafia/MFM Romance Release Date: November 15, 202...