REVIEWS

mercredi 10 mai 2017

THE GRAVITY OF US by Brittainy Cherry : Review

The Gravity of Us (Elements, #4)The Gravity of Us by Brittainy C. Cherry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Gravity of Us is my second book by Brittainy Cherry and let me tell you, I'm under her writing spell!

This novel is a family story, sweet with some darker tones, hopeful and almost poetic. The characters are just fantastic, they are real, with feelings, dreams, demons, tragedies. I fell in love with quiet Graham ("Cracker"), his broody mood, his cutting remarks, hiding so much more than what he lets on! « His whole persona was dark, enchanting , yet extremely uninviting.» I felt for him and instantly wanted to know his story (and comfort him). But maybe, it's just my Lucy side, lol! Ah, Lucy, the «girl who was all over the place: random, passionate and emotionally overcharged» ; She is funny, chatty, smart, kind, she simply shines. I loved their friendship, the building of their love story, starting really cooly «I smiled. He grimaced. Our usuel.» , opposite poles, really, «she was the girl who felt everything, and I was the man who felt nothing.» , until passion ignites «The way he loves you is inspiring. The way you love him is breathtaking.»

I don't know how Brittain Cheery manages to make me feel so many emotions with each book she writes. Her books touch me.

The Gravity of Us is about family ties. The good, the bad, people wicknesses, their different personalities. How families can make you whole but but can tear appart, as well. How friends can became even more important than your own family, loving, unjudging, supporting, bringing/seeing the best in you. How the child you weren't expecting metlts your heart and teach you how to live...

Yes, sigh, just beautiful.

"I wanted to hold her, but still have her move freely in my harms. I wanted to taste her lips and breathe in a part of her soul as I gave her a glimpse of mine."

*Book received as a gift from the author, thank you Brittainy :) !!!*


View all my reviews

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

BROKEN QUEEN (RUINED KINGDOM, #2) by NATASHA KNIGHT: New Releqse & Review

Title: Broken Queen Series: Ruined Kingdom Duet #2 Author: Natasha Knight Genre: Dark Mafia/MFM Romance Release Date: November 15, 202...