REVIEWS

vendredi 7 décembre 2018

ABSOLUTION by Keri Lake: ARC Review

Wanted: An Outlaw AnthologyWanted: An Outlaw Anthology by Lane Hart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

☆☆☆Review of Absolution by Keri Lake☆☆☆
“I absolve you of your sins.”

Oh, my!!!! How it is possible to write such an intricate story, to built up the anticipation, to gave life to multidimensional characters and stir strong emotions in a novella is completely beyond me. But Keri Lake did it, mastered it, another proof of her incredible talent.


I found myself captivated from the first pages by the dark and gritty atmosphere of Absolution. The mystery and chilling revelation surrounding the first confession set up the tone, there will be no sugarcoating anything in this read.

Father Damon, broody and handsome priest hides secrets and a past which ledt him scarred.

Ivy, strong and feisty heroine is eaten away by guilt and threats. She made a pact with the evil to protect her Mamie but can barely contain all the stress and disgust induced by her situation. 

Both Ivy and Damon are tormented, I found them perfectly imperfect and all the more endearing for that. I loved their dynamics, Damon's darkness and Ivy's fierceness and determination. The taboo and heavenly sinful relationship, the sexual tension between Ivy and Damon were sizzling. 
“But your penance is my pleasure. And you have much to atone for.”

As the story unfolds the reader discovers the depth of the plot. Little by little, more elements and twists increased the suspense until all the pieces of the puzzle eventually click together. 

Absolution is definitely a book that will keep you enthralled and played with my nerves all along. 
Keri Lake built a world I would eagerly read more about Ivy and Damon, dare I hope for a second book?
“Only God forgives , Ivy.”

I VOLUNTARILY REVIEWED AN ARC COPY OF THIS BOOK. THANK YOU!!!

View all my reviews

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

BROKEN QUEEN (RUINED KINGDOM, #2) by NATASHA KNIGHT: New Releqse & Review

Title: Broken Queen Series: Ruined Kingdom Duet #2 Author: Natasha Knight Genre: Dark Mafia/MFM Romance Release Date: November 15, 202...