REVIEWS

mardi 13 mars 2018

THE SILVER SWAN (Elite Kings Book #) by Amo Jones

The Silver Swan (Elite Kings Club, #1)The Silver Swan by Amo Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“This is all a game, kitty. Bishop, me, the Kings—it’s a game, but it’s a death match.”


I know, I'm ultra late to the party, and I don't even know why I'm only discovering this author's work.

The cover and the title piqued my curiosity, I found them absolutely stunning. With the third book of the series releasing in a few months, I've been given the opportunity to read the first two installments, and.... WOW... the best part is that I went into it completely blind.


The Silver Swan follows Madison Montgomery, 17 years old. Her father recently remaried, and she finds herself starting a new school year in a new town. Rapidly, she meets girls, Tatum and Tillie, who will become her new best friends, and Nate, her stepmother's son, who will introduce her to his pack of friends, a strange and intriguing "club", called the "Elite King's Club". Nothing very original, you'll tell me. Maybe not, but seriously I loved the turns of events. The storyline is strange, mysterious, even stressful, with eery scenes that captivated me. That's a book I couldn't put down. That's when I knew that Amo Jones was very talented because it's difficult to make me love a book when I can't relate to the heroine. And here I am. Utterly enthralled.


Not knowing what was happening, why the guys acted the way they did, bullying her and then protecting her was very unsettling and I loved beeig their puppets, just like Madi was.

"There’s a reason why we do what we do when we have to, and trust me, kitty. You’re lucky you made it out with your life intact— for now.”

Seriously, although I would have loved to see Madi (and her friends) more strong willed when it comes to Nate, Bishop, and all the guys, I must admit that she didn't stand a chance with them. They are formidable, ruthless and relentless. Seriously, each character was well developed, their personnalities and actions fit their young age.


I can't wait to read the next book, Broken Puppet, to learn more because I still have so much questions, I need to know what direction the plot is going to take, and I need more if that dark, ominous and gripping atmosphere!


*I VOLUNTARILY REVIEWED AN ARC COPY OF THIS BOOK. THANK YOU!!!*

View all my reviews

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

BROKEN QUEEN (RUINED KINGDOM, #2) by NATASHA KNIGHT: New Releqse & Review

Title: Broken Queen Series: Ruined Kingdom Duet #2 Author: Natasha Knight Genre: Dark Mafia/MFM Romance Release Date: November 15, 202...