REVIEWS

lundi 5 février 2018

VANQUISH (DELIVER series #2) by Pam Godwin: Review

Vanquish (Deliver, #2)Vanquish by Pam Godwin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ah Van!!! Although a little ill at ease at the idea of meeting Van again, curiosity, my friends and Mrs Godwin's writing (in no particular order!) eventually decided me dive into Vanquish.


And let me tell you, I loved it!!! The approach was super original, with a heroine damaged, by her past and a psychological disorder.

Such a difficult matter can be a slippery slope for an author, but Amber's agoraphobia was well handled. 

She is strong and fierce, determined and at the same time vulnerable and at Van's mercy. But in no time she piqued his interest, and Van being Van, she rapidly became his new obsession. Amber's personality stirs new feelings in him, at the same time, little by little, he gives her what she craves deep inside.


Like in each of her books, the author once more created a dark atmosphere (although not as dark as Deliver's), where the psychological part is the very important. The illness, the stress, the evolution of Amber and Van kept me enthralled all along of this nail-biting and gut-twisting journey.

“He picked up on your insecurity and exploited it to get his rocks off.”


This book is about second chance and redemption, I kept wondering if these two lost souls would finally bring each other the peace they deserve. It's gritty and edgy, raw, definitely contains triggers, but is so brillantly executed!!! Everything I love!

I VOLUNTARILY REVIEWED AN ARC COPY OF THIS BOOK. THANK YOU!!!

View all my reviews

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

BROKEN QUEEN (RUINED KINGDOM, #2) by NATASHA KNIGHT: New Releqse & Review

Title: Broken Queen Series: Ruined Kingdom Duet #2 Author: Natasha Knight Genre: Dark Mafia/MFM Romance Release Date: November 15, 202...