REVIEWS

vendredi 12 juillet 2019

CHOKE ME by Ker Dukey and K. Webster: ARC review

Famous Last Words (a Tomb of Ashen Tears Book 2)Famous Last Words by Kailee Reese Samuels
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Once more, KRS and Sal's world submerged me in an ocean of emotions. Waves after waves of darkness, and down I went, deeper and deeper into the darkness. Deeper and deeper into Sal's psyche, his loneliness and doubts. 
"The blackness courses through my veins and radiates with a pure hate."

I took my time reading, savoring, absorbing TAT2, and its emotional rollercoaster. It's a psychological journey I'm not going to forget anytime soon. 
Sal addresses the reader, and you'll have no other choice than to surrender to the ruthlessness of the situation and of the intricate storyline. 
The jaw-dropping  (and sometimes nauseating) revelations, the unexpected turns of events gripped me to no end. 
Strategies, lies, manipulation and deceit will make you reconsider the alliances, friendships and family Sal has taken years to build. Who to trust when you are locked up and facing that madening whirlwind?

Deacon offered an amazing and much needed breather, through amazingly sexy scenes. What struck me was the passion and intimacy they shared. Their bromance is one that will ignite your panties and warm your heart. Their connection is undeniable, raw and beautiful.
“I asked him to kneel,” I reminisce, smiling . “And he did. I hit rock bottom , and he keeps marching.”

I fought along with Sal, hurt for him when the choices he made only seemed to lead to more issues,  challenges and heartache. The distance, despair, rage, his vulnerabiltily, determination and love for Iris and Deacon were palpable. 
Analyzing what love his, what and who he is, the psychological and (physical) transformation of Sal begins. Oh, how proud of him I was! 
"Remember, I’m bad. Remember, I play."

And when he assumes his role, his decisions, takes his life in hand, Sal is one perfectly imperfect character I keep admiring. Correction, his complex and so endearing, fascinating persona makes of him my favorite anti-hero. 
"My name is Lucas Salvatore Raniero and crime is in my fucking DNA. Live it. Breathe it. Sleep it. Love it, hate it, own it; It’s mine."


I VOLUNTARILY REVIEWED AN ARC COPY OF THIS BOOK. THANK YOU!!!

View all my reviews

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

BROKEN QUEEN (RUINED KINGDOM, #2) by NATASHA KNIGHT: New Releqse & Review

Title: Broken Queen Series: Ruined Kingdom Duet #2 Author: Natasha Knight Genre: Dark Mafia/MFM Romance Release Date: November 15, 202...