REVIEWS

mardi 21 mai 2019

SON OF CIRQUE (SONS #3) by Kailee Samuels: Arc Review

Son of CirqueSon of Cirque by Kailee Reese Samuels
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

" I was untouchable. Invincible. A devil with angel wings.

There are authors you just have to trust to lead you where they want you to go; Kailee Samules is one of them.  When she announced that Son of Cirque was going to be dark, she got me undivided attention. When she said that Nico was bad, really bad, I couldn't wait to put my hands on his story. When I finally started the book, I simply grinned: this was going to be so good.
"I was quite literally just a menace to society for the sake of being one.

From the very beginning, the atmosphere is set, Nico is dark, twisted, depraved. Between the things he did and what he went through,  my emotions were all over the place. I felt for him, I bit my nails, my stomach was in knots. Gruesome scenes, chilling flashbacks blended in with magnificently raw scenes, creating a heady and powerful cocktail.

The author's universe is not all white or black though; Nico navigated through all the shades of gray. Is he a good man? Absolutely not. No doubt about that. But he is protective, loyal. His relationship with Serene, the years helping, grounded him. I loved seeing him grow from a sociopathic young adult, into a more focused and controled man. 
"No one ever said I had to use my creative talents for good. Especially when being evil was so much more fun."

I've been intrigued by Serene since I met her. Who is she, what is her story, her truth? The manipulative and determined woman showed a vulnerable side I was suspecting and was thrilled to eventually witness. She loves strongly, fiercely. 

Thanks to Son of Cirque, Nico and Serene are becoming one of my favorite couples. They thrive on power and control. Intensity, sensuality and sexuality whirl and crack around them. 

Once again, Kailee Samuels immersed me into her intricate and multi-dimensional world; to try and collect all the pieces of the puzzle (but really, I should say masterpiece) is completely addicting. The mysteries, the alliances, the betrayals and the revelations kept me riveted all along. It's simply brilliant, stunning. I can't get enough of her work. I. Need. More!!!


I VOLUNTARILY REVIEWED AN ARC COPY OF THIS BOOK. THANK YOU!!!

View all my reviews

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

BROKEN QUEEN (RUINED KINGDOM, #2) by NATASHA KNIGHT: New Releqse & Review

Title: Broken Queen Series: Ruined Kingdom Duet #2 Author: Natasha Knight Genre: Dark Mafia/MFM Romance Release Date: November 15, 202...