REVIEWS

jeudi 4 octobre 2018

UNSPOKEN by Kailee Reese Samuels: ARC Review

Unspoken (Hey Pretty Prequel): A Sal Raniero ThrillerUnspoken (Hey Pretty Prequel): A Sal Raniero Thriller by Kailee Reese Samuels
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Bam! What just happened to me? I feel like a tornado just swept me off my feet, spun me around again and again only to spit me out, picking up the pieces of the puzzle that is that story . I'm in awe of Kailee Reese Samuels' thorough style and the intricate world she created.

Unspoken is a Hey Pretty prequek and comes after the She/He duet. Although it can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend to get familiar with Salvatore Raniero's and Red's books first, to have a little background on the two main characters.

Red has been locked up in a Sibyl's compound since his arrest, when he was shot by Sal. Answers about what happened in He/She are needed and Sal accepted Red's case, the challenge of interrogating and profiling him, of getting in his head. 

Follows a battle of wills between the two men, a psychological cat and mouse game, where we don't really know who holds the cards. From revelations to revelations, the web of lies and semi-truths is masterly handled, exploring and dissecting  the minds of the protagonists. The author takes us into the dark secrets, the seriously and chillingly disturbing upbringing of Red. To say it was terrifying and sickening would put it mildly!

Sal's professionalism commands respect, I recognised the charming boy he was and absolutely loved the tortured expert he became. 

Unspoken outright enthralled me, I couldn't put it down and I have been thinking about it since I'm finished. With this author, there always is a bigger picture, I can't wait to put my hands on Hey Pretty to learn more!!!


PS: There is a warning at the beginning of the book, trust me, it's not here to be pretty, you should really take it into consideration before starting that psychological thriller. 

I VOLUNTARILY REVIEWED AN ARC COPY OF THIS BOOK. THANK YOU!!!

View all my reviews

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

BROKEN QUEEN (RUINED KINGDOM, #2) by NATASHA KNIGHT: New Releqse & Review

Title: Broken Queen Series: Ruined Kingdom Duet #2 Author: Natasha Knight Genre: Dark Mafia/MFM Romance Release Date: November 15, 202...