REVIEWS

dimanche 28 octobre 2018

BALLISTIC by Keri Lake: NEW RELEASE & ARC Review

Ballistic (Vigilantes, #3)Ballistic by Keri Lake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've been excited for Dax and Nicoleta's story from the end of Backfire, and OMG, the gem Keri Lake delivered  was everything I expected, and then more!


Dax has been looking for Nicoleta for almost one year after she was abducted by Tesarik, her father's enemy. When he enventualy tracks her down in one of Tesarik's compound of sorts, starts a frantic manhunt in the depths of Detroit. The atmosphere is dark, a true emotional rollercoaster with highs and so many lows I almost wondered how worse things could get. The answer: way darker than I thought. Ballistic treats with difficult matters: rape, child abuse, drugs, and more than I won't name here as they could spoil the brilliant plot. And to say brilliant is an understatement!!! 

OMG the author totally blew my mind with this crazy storyline, twists, turns and revelations that had my head spinning in the best way ever. The bigger picture is simply beautiful. The intricate story gives the reader so many details, and by the end, bam, when everythings eventually clicks into place, I smiled so big at Keri Lake's talent!


Fast paced, adrenaline infused, Nicoleta and Dax's story also broke my heart and might even have contributed to the global warming with some extremely steamy moments. Ahhh...I wanna watch the sunset from the booktower rooftop, too (*wink*)!!! These two lost souls are totally messed up, both fighting their demons, and looking for vengeance. Nicoleta shows a resilience mixed with determination, rendering her almost unstoppable in her quest. But what I love the most in such a badass heroine is the moment when she let's her walls down. Dax showed her what love is; that good bad guy, caring and protecting, dangerous wolf had me swooning, utterly enticed by his complex personality. His and Nicoleta's story was a complicated and painful journey, one I adored exploring and that had me on pins and needles all along.


Congratulations Keri, so well done!


I VOLUNTARILY REVIEWED AN ARC COPY OF THIS BOOK. THANK YOU!!!

View all my reviews
Title: Ballistic
Series: A Vigilantes Novel
Author: Keri Lake
Genre: Romantic Suspense, NA
Release Date: October 30, 2018 ON SALE for 2 days ONLY!!
On the streets of Detroit, it’s the code we live by. You take from me, I take from you. A balance of power, and a ceaseless war between rivals.
As a foster kid from the projects, I never had much, besides an unshakable addiction to women and drugs. Only took one glance into the amber eyes of a slave for me to realize my two worst vices could be one and the same.
And the woman behind those eyes quickly became my obsession. 
Nicoleta is more than she seems. An enigma I’m determined to crack before time runs out and our enemies hunt her down. Except, she moves by her own trajectory, an unstoppable bullet on the warpath to track down the men who murdered a girl from her past.
Me? I’m the rogue whose path is less predictable. A junkie, fiending for the one thing I shouldn’t want: the only woman who gets me high. I want to keep her for myself, but when the unstoppable bullet finally hits her mark and secrets begin to unravel, another life must be paid. 
A heart for a heart.
  
Keri Lake is a dark romance writer who specializes in demon wrangling, vengeance dealing and wicked twists. Her stories are gritty, with antiheroes that walk the line of good and bad, and feisty heroines who bring them to their knees. When not penning books, she enjoys spending time with her husband, daughters, and their rebellious Labrador (who doesn’t retrieve a damn thing). She runs on strong coffee and alternative music, loves a good red wine, and has a slight addiction to dark chocolate.
HOSTED BY:

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

BROKEN QUEEN (RUINED KINGDOM, #2) by NATASHA KNIGHT: New Releqse & Review

Title: Broken Queen Series: Ruined Kingdom Duet #2 Author: Natasha Knight Genre: Dark Mafia/MFM Romance Release Date: November 15, 202...